Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know to make the most out of your FPA Annual Conference 2022 experience.
- When and where is FPA Annual Conference 2022?
The Conference will be held at the Seattle Convention Center in Seattle, Washington, from December 12-14, 2022.
- What is the dress code?
Attire is business casual. More importantly, remember to bring comfortable shoes and layers as temperatures in meeting rooms can vary.
- I have a question about membership with FPA, who can I talk to?
To learn more about membership or ask questions about your current membership, please contact the member services team at email@example.com.
- I have a question about partnerships with FPA, who can I talk to?
To learn more about partnering with FPA, please contact the strategic partnerships team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I book my hotel room for FPA Annual Conference 2022?
FPA has partnered with the Sheraton Grand Seattle to offer a discounted nightly rate for conference attendees. Please find additional information on “The Location” page to book accommodations.
- What is the hotel refund policy?
Any reservations made through the Sheraton Grand Seattle for FPA Annual Conference 2022 may be canceled up to seventy-two (72) hours before the attendee’s scheduled arrival date without a cancellation fee or penalty.
- When is the deadline to book hotel reservations?
Room reservations may be booked at the contracted rate until November 18, 2022, or until sold out. After this date, rate and availability are not guaranteed.
- Is there a shuttle to/from the airport and the Sheraton Grand Seattle?
No, there is not a hotel shuttle. Attendees will be responsible for transportation between the airport and hotel.
- How can I register for FPA Annual Conference 2022?
Registration is closed. Please consider joining us for FPA Annual Conference 2023!
- When is the registration deadline?
The deadline to register for FPA Annual Conference 2022 was November 18, 2022.
- Do I need to register for sessions ahead of time?
No, all content and sessions are included in your registration and do not need to be selected ahead of time.
- What is the registration cancellation policy?
FPA Annual Conference 2022 registration may be cancelled for a full refund, less a $50 administrative fee, if made by November 4, 2022. Cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing to email@example.com.
For additional details please view our full cancellation policy here.
- Will I get a refund if the event is canceled?
FPA is committed to hosting FPA Annual Conference 2022 at the Seattle Convention Center in December. If the conference is not permitted to take place for any reason beyond our control, attendee registration will be refunded in full.
- What is the event cancellation policy?
FPA reserves the right to cancel any event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If FPA cancels the event, participants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of the event, FPA has the right to issue a full refund or transfer the registration to the same event at the new, future date. FPA will not be responsible for any participant’s expenses related to the cancellation or postponement of the event.
- I am a student/Aspiring Financial Planner member of FPA. Am I eligible for a registration discount?
Yes, Aspiring Financial Planner category members are eligible to attend at a reduced rate. To be eligible, you must be a current member in this category. There is no discount code; the registration system will automatically apply the rate. The discount is $300 off the current registration rate and is valid until the registration deadline of November 18.
- I am an Academic member of FPA. Am I eligible for a registration discount?
Yes, Academic category members are eligible to attend the conference at a reduced rate. To be eligible, you must be a current member in this category. There is no discount code; the registration system will automatically apply the rate. The discount is $300 off the current registration rate and is valid until the registration deadline of November 18.
- Will FPA Annual Conference 2022 be a hybrid event?
FPA has decided to proceed with an in-person event. There will be no hybrid or online component to the event.
- What if I want to register a group of attendees and is there a discount?
Registration is closed.
- How many sessions will qualify for continuing education (CE) credits?
The exact number of sessions that qualify for CFP® CE at FPA Annual Conference 2022 is to be determined. Historically, the event has offered participants a minimum of 12 hours of CFP® CE credit.
- How do I earn CE credit for the sessions I attend at FPA Annual Conference 2022?
FPA applies for acceptance from CFP Board and reports continuing education to CFP Board on behalf of all conference attendees. CFP Board has final authority on the acceptance of eligible sessions. During the session, you will be given a code to enter in the FPA Annual Conference 2022 mobile app and will be directed to fill out a short evaluation to indicate your attendance at the qualifying session.
- Who do you submit CE to on my behalf and how long does it take?
FPA will automatically report credit to CFP Board within three weeks of the conference. Please be certain FPA has your CFP Board ID by logging into your FPA account and checking your profile. If you hold additional designations, you will need to self-report credit to the appropriate association or board.
- Does CE qualify for other designations other than the CFP® designation?
If you hold other designations, you will need to self-report credit to the other associations or boards, including the Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP), Professional Achievement in Continuing Education (PACE), Investments and Wealth Institute (CIMA), and American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Each agency, board, or organization has the final authority on the acceptance of credit.
- Is there going to be a capacity limit on the number of attendees?
We are not currently enforcing a capacity limit.
- Will I be required to wear a mask?
Currently, there is not a mask mandate in the city or at the Seattle Convention Center. The event venue may issue a mask mandate for indoor gatherings and FPA will monitor all state and federal guidelines. FPA encourages participants to wear a mask if they are uncomfortable being in a public setting and we ask all participants to be respectful of others’ decisions to take additional safety precautions.
- Do I need to have my temperature checked upon entry?
Temperature screening will not take place before entry. If you feel sick you are asked not to travel to the event and FPA will work with you to refund your registration. If you become sick on-site, you are requested to remain in your hotel room and contact show management at firstname.lastname@example.org. FPA will work in concert with the hotel to direct the participant toward appropriate medical care.
- Do I need to show proof of a negative COVID test to attend FPA Annual Conference 2022?
Due to FPA's commitment to minimize risk for all of those involved in our conferences and events, and to ensure we can move forward with in-person events, FPA Annual Conference participants may be required to submit proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event start date. If this policy is implemented, FPA has partnered with a HIPAA compliant company for participants to upload documentation and those registered will receive additional details about how to upload documentation closer to the event dates.
- What is FPA doing to encourage the safety of attendees?
FPA will evaluate additional precautions as the event hears. Currently, the following are in place:
• Provide different seating opportunities for participants that are moderately distanced;
• Install hand sanitizer stations throughout the event space;
• Provide personal protection equipment (PPE) to every individual attending the conference. PPE includes hand sanitizer and masks;
• Working in collaboration with the Seattle Convention Center, which achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation. For more information about Seattle Convention Center’s Safety First initiative, please visit their website.